Friday, December 31, 2010

2010- The Year in Review

What an amazing year! Last year on New Year's Eve I made a toast to my girlfriends, "Get Knocked Up 2010"...By the end of January I found out WE WERE 5 WEEKS PREGNANT!!!
so excited!!!

Mardi Gras was around the corner and I had to keep it a secret until I told my family on Valentine's Day as planned. How would I get around NOT drinking at the festivities without my sisters knowing? Turning down a day of drinking would surely set off their curiosity...
Mardi Gras 2010 with my sisters

Beers all around, except for me...

They ended up guessing what was up!!!
On Valentine's Day 2010 we told my mom the BIG news by wearing t-shirts over to her house with our new "titles". At the right moment we whipped off our sweatshirts to reveal our secret!
She didn't get it at first....

She was so excited once she figured it out!

We told the rest of my family at Kaye's 30th birthday...and the reality set in about how lonely it was to be the only non-drinker...except for Pat of course :)
Kaye turns 30!

oh.

my.


The pregnancy flew by as I wrapped up my last weeks of being a nanny and spent the summer cramming in as many classes as humanly possible. Plus, in our spare time we decorated the nursery for the boo, had my baby shower, went to our cousin's weddings, spent time relishing our last months of Mr and Mrs (sans boo boo) and ...catching bats.
I miss being a nanny for this little turd.

Pat's last months of playing in a band

At Susan and Andy's wedding

ugh, what?

Bat catching supplies

baby shower

jack's room

due date day

my cousin's wedding

pat's birthday-6 days overdue

our 2 year anniversary!
and finally 13 days overdue...
the boo boo
I can't believe how much my life has changed in just one year!  I can't wait find out what 2011 holds for our little fambily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.