Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Due Date Day!


I can't believe 9 months ago I went to the doctor to confirm I was pregnant and found out my official due date. I have been thinking about 10/10/10 every day since then; wondering what the day would hold, wondering if my baby would come early or late or on-time. Even though Jack hasn't made any signs of coming today, the date holds special meaning to me. I feel like I've accomplished something. I've made it through 10 months of pregnancy with no problems so far. I really don't mind being pregnant. I actually kind of like it.

I tend to enjoy being the center-of-attention (if you haven't picked up on this already). Being pregnant puts you front and center every where you go!  A month ago I got pulled over and got out of the ticket (due to the bump), people let me go in front of them in line for the bathroom and ask me if I need help loading my groceries in the car. People are much more considerate when your pregnant! Hopefully this continues when they see you struggling to put your pumpkin seat in your shopping cart...
I'm still feeling really great and am so thankful for that. I'm not uncomfortable at all. I guess I'm just more anxious because I can't wait to meet my son. Whatever happens labor and delivery- wise over the next week I welcome with open arms. It was my dream to go natural and not to induce labor, but I realize now that my real dream is to hold a healthy baby boy.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait!!! This is what I would like to say to Jack maybe you can tell him for me.
    Dear Jack,
    Please come out already!!! YOur whole family is waiting with bated breath to see you cute little cheeks! You'll have lots f great outfits to wear and things to play with. your mom and dad will show you how to do everything you need to learn....SO PLEASE COME OUT!!! I love you already and am convinced you will be the smartest, most handsome, most funny, and kind person in the family. And of course you'll be just like me!
    Love,
    your cooooolest Aunt Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it will happen so soon!! I cant wait to hear!!!!! The first week was rough,just very tired and LOTS of visitors, but when you are feeling up to it I would LOVE to go get coffee or go to the park or something.

    It will all go beautifully no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So close!! I can't wait for your little man! I wasn't uncomfortable at the end either! :) Good luck, cant wait for your birth story!

    ReplyDelete

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.