As you may remember, if you pay attention to these ramblings I started student teaching Jan 3rd. The transition from stay-at-home Molly to student teacher wasn't as hard as I imagined. I'm. just. so. tired. Jack started this new fun thing where he likes to stay up partying until 11:30 or 12. Then I have to get up at 5:30 ish to feed him before getting ready for school and heading out the door by 7:30. Ouch. That's not enough sleep.
I however, LOVE student teaching. My cooperating teacher also has a baby and she's really supportive of my "pumping" (said in a whisper) during the school day. We also have a lot of other things in common and its super fun to learn all of her tricks and secrets to snake charming our way through the school day. The kiddos are so fun and even when they get a little crazy I still can't help, but be thankful for being there.
I don't think I mentioned in a previous post...I was having a bit of a nervous breakdown about how I would manage it all. On top of which, I am really needing a paying job. I was considering quitting school (and dashing my hopes and dreams of becoming a teacher) in order to get a full-time job. Pat however talked me down off the ledge and basically said he'd be really pissed if I quit now. He reminded me that it's only one more semester of being completely broke-ass before we'd be doing back flips through a safe full of gold (duck tales style) with us both employed as teachers. I am so glad that he didn't let me quit...
I am happy that the transition was good!
ReplyDeleteI love Pat for telling you to continue on and love you for doing it! Eyes on the prize! I also love the Ducktails reference. For some reason that image is seared in my memory and I still plan on having a safe like that next to my mansion.
ReplyDelete