Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hearts, Rainbows...and 2 feet long babies.



I can't believe my baby is already two months old!!! Holy moly. The first month crawled by and month two felt like I blinked and it was over.  How did that happen? I love this little boo more and more everyday. The way he looks at me and laughs and smiles and coos makes me feel so happy I could puke. The more my love grows for Jack it doubles for Pat. I literally could not have done this without him. Even though I have my moments of post-hormonal freak outs on him I wouldn't trade our life for anybody else's. I couldn't even imagine doing this with anyone else. I hope the boo grows up to be just like him...and not super crazy like me:)
The Daddy and Da Boo-Boo

Today Jack had his 2 month doctor's appointment. I love our pediatrician. She made him two monogrammed burp cloths. (She knows the way to my heart-those are my three favorite syllables...mon-o-gram). Jack was not impressed however. He was super pissed after his appointment. Not only did he have to get two shots and the Rotavirus liquid vaccine; there was some other troubling event that took place. As I mentioned in my previous post- I needed to ask the doctor about how his circumcision was healing. It appears I was right and there was trouble afoot. The skin that is pulled back from the circumcision was fusing to the top of his pee pee. She had to pull the skin back and detach it again. OUCH!!! I don't even understand what the extra skin is for. I am glad I don't have one of those things. There is so much to worry about.

Good News: Jack doesn't have flat head syndrome. The advice she gave me last time worked and his head has rounded out! No helmet for him!!! We caught it early enough and were diligent about repositioning his head when he sleeps that we made it past our one- sided- flat head problem. We've made it through without an outing belly button AND a flat head...Now we just have to hope he doesn't become a tongue thruster (reverse swallowing). Lisps really freak me out.

Jack's Stats- 2 months:
 Growth
  • Weight: 12 lbs 5 ozs (66th percentile)
  • Length: 24 inches or 2 FEET! (83rd percentile)
  • Head: 15.7 inches around (49th percentile)

Immunizations
  • First DTaP (diphtheria, pertussis-whooping cough, tetenus vaccine)
  • First IPV (polio vaccine)
  • First HIB (influenza vaccine- orally)
Development:
Check out the pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.