Monday, December 20, 2010

Flat Head Syndrome???

Oh No!!!! I think Jack is developing Flat head syndrome! We have a doctor's appt tomorrow and I have a number of things to ask about, but this is one of my main concerns. Our doctor brought it up to me and told me to start positioning him differently for sleep, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't want him to have to wear a helmet!
Other things to ask the doctor about:
  • Is Jack teething already? He drools A LOT!
  • New prescription for Zantac
  • Circumcision Healing Questions
  • Is Jack getting the Rotavirus Vaccination?
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com

2 comments:

  1. Caleb had that problem too, he was flat and bald on the back of his head. However, he did not have flat head syndrome; he eventually started to sleep on his stomach and it went away and his hair grew back fine! He could be teething, but also I think their salvatory glands are still developing, so that could be the reason for that??? I thought that early about caleb as well, but he didnt get his teeth for awhile after the obsessive drowling started.
    Good luck at the doctor, i hope he doesnt have to wear a helmet either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only cure is more tummy time! If he's drooling a lot already, it will double when he's on his tummy. Camille turns into a Saint Bernard when she's on her tummy.

    From what I've heard, they can drool for months before their teeth will break through the gums. Or, they'll only drool for a couple weeks. My nephew got his first two teeth at 4 months, but my niece (who is now 4 months) is still all gums. Some babies are born with teeth, some turn a year old and still don't have any.

    Enjoy the toothless stage, because once he grows teeth you're going to be afraid to breastfeed for a while!

    ReplyDelete

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.