Last night Pat and I went out to dinner. It wasn't unlike any other night out we've shared- except it was. I kept thinking how for so long it has been him and me. It was nice to sit and talk about our day and discuss the mundane ordinary details, but in the back of our minds we knew this moment was quickly slipping away from us-removing us further and further from it as we move from two to three. This moment is bittersweet. I am so elated by the fact that we will soon have a new life, but I am sad for for the end of "just us".I hope to be eternally newlyweds and to constantly remember where it all started. As I sit in this moment I reflect back on our years together and see all that we've accomplished. I think about all that I have learned from him and I remember the first weeks of dating, when I heard this song in his car for the first time. I think about it playing for our first dance at our wedding 23 months ago...
"You know me. You don't mind waiting.
You just can't show me, but God I'm praying,
That you'll find me, and that you'll see me,
That you run and never tire.
Desire"
![]() |
| Halloween 2003 |
![]() |
| Christmas at Pat's Condo 2004 |
![]() |
| Summer 2004 |
![]() |
| Fall 2004 |
![]() |
| January 2006 |
![]() |
| Spring 2007 |
![]() |
| Fourth of July 2008 |
![]() |
| October 4th, 2008 |
| Pat's Birthday 2009 |
| Christmas 2009 |
| Fall 2009 |
| July 2010 |








Great post,Molly. Enjoy every moment.
ReplyDelete