We finished off week 35 nicely with dinner on Friday night (as I mentioned in my previous hormonal post) and Breastfeeding 101 class at the hospital on Saturday morning. I've been looking forward to the class since I signed up several months ago. Since I wanted to be prepared and get an A++ in Breastfeeding Class I spent my time since registering reading every breastfeeding book I could get my hands on. I think I appeared a little too enthusiastic and over prepared for the class as I answered every question the instructor asked and came with a set of questions on proper latch techniques, her thoughts on breast pumps, tips for let down... Below is a picture of me at Breastfeeding Class with my fake baby. I chose one that wasn't crying.
![]() |
![]() |
| Jack's Position (babycenter.com) |
He also said that he is not as far down in my pelvis as he would like, but still thinks I will be on-time or a few days overdue. As previously mentioned I would like to go as natural as possible and have a fear of being induced. I asked if there was anything I could do over the next couple of weeks to get him to drop down and engage. Even though I have already looked up every natural self-inducing method on-line and have started practicing some of them- he said there wasn't. It doesn't hurt to try though, so tonight I made Pat walk with me around our neighborhood and after writing this I am going to do my yoga. I also plan on eating every spicy food item I can get my hands on and drinking buckets of Red Raspberry leaf tea (mentioned on some hippie dippie website as a way to induce labor). As the time draws nearer I may break down and follow the directions of my doula to get some Evening Primrose Oil (if you'd like to learn more about that feel free to google it- I'll spare you the details).
Kaye has been going to all my appointments with me since Patrick is back in school. In typical Kaye fashion, she is a little too squeamish to go in to the room with me so she waits outside, but I really like knowing that she is out there in case I need her and it means a lot that she goes with me. After the appointment we either go shopping or get something to eat. Today we went to Dr. Jazz Soda Fountain in Webster to get some greasy diner food and phosphate sodas(mmm!). I ate WAY to much and had to immediately get into my yoga pants when I got home. Sometimes just wearing them makes me feel more athletic and fit...
![]() |
| Dr. Jazz Soda Fountain |
Kaye and I went shopping on Saturday after breastfeeding class. We happened upon some really cute Halloween costumes for Jack (even though he will only be about 2 weeks old). Feel free to vote on which costume you like better. Pat already owns a banana costume so I think Jack would look adorable in the monkey costume, but the Hamburger costume is so funny.
Here is the rest of my 36 week self induced photo shoot :)
Maybe I should just ask Kaye to do it from now on...



UGH you are SO lucky, I am in work attire every stinking day, sucks! My doc agreed to strip my membranes next week (39 weeks) maybe yours will do the same. I dont want to be induced either.
ReplyDeletehamburger!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the hamburger costume! Too cute! That is so wonderful that you are 36 weeks along! How exciting!
ReplyDelete