I am so excited about learning all about this "boy world" and finding out how to make secret spy ink. I know that is a long way down the road, but in the meantime I thought I'd better get cracking on letting go of a picture perfect living room (where no one walks on the carpet), pristine linens, perfectly coordinated outfits, monogramming, no shoes in the house...basically all the neurotic tendencies that have been handed down through generations in my family of girls.
I can't wait to build our tree house... Please follow me along on my adventure!
Keep checking back in the weeks to come! Jack should be here by 10/10/10. This will be a place for family and friends to tune into our journey as a new family and to see the little guy grow!
Building a Tree house (Iggulden, 21).
You will need:
- thirty 6-inch box head wood screws with heavy square washers
- eight 8-inch box head wood screws with washers
- thirty-two- 4 -inch box head wood screws
- 4x3 inch beams
- 2x6 inch pine planking
- 2x4 timber for roof joists and walls
- Pine decking to cover the area of the platform
- Pine decking for the ladder
- Jigsaw power tool, electric drill, rip saw, level
- Large drill bits
- stepladder and long ladder
- safety rope
- bag of roofing nails and a hammer
- plywood- enough to cover four walls with a total area of 84 sq feet
- Ratchet with a set of heads to tighten the hex head wood screws
- chisel to cut trenches for the trapdoor hinges
- four eyebolts that can be screwed into the trunk
- cloth bag for trapdoor counterweight.
You did it! Good job! :) I have some fellow momma to be's on my blog list if you want to follow any of them feel free!
ReplyDeleteMolly! I love it! I can't wait to read about your joys of parenting! Good luck over the next few weeks!
ReplyDelete