Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby Number 2??!!!?!

Hold on to your panties, people. I'm not prego, again. That would be crazy. No, no. I  just reassessed my position on number of children the Handrahan family will have. So...Here is a timeline of the progression in thought:
Before marriage: # of children-5
First Year of Marriage:# of children-5
During Pregnancy: #of Children-5
During Labor and Delivery: # of Children-5
During Colic: # of children-1
3+ months: # of Children 2
After Shopping at GAP on Sunday: # of Children 3

Okay. Once again you may be staring at your computer screen saying, "This person is crazy. What is this post even about, Nutbag?"
I always wanted a big family. I think mostly I liked the idea of a big family popularized by T.V and movies (Full House, Family Ties, Family Stone, Meet Me in Saint Louis...). These shows had everyone living in giant, old homes with children running around and grandparents and uncles living in. There was always a sense of comradeship and love. I always thought I'd be that awesome cooky mother whose children love her because she's a little bit off...
I love motherhood, but IT IS HARD.  I also can't imagine splitting Jack's time with me between four other siblings. Can I really be a devoted mother to four others? What if they all have colic? Will I ever get to hang out with Pat? These thoughts have been swirling through my head since the boo arrived. But, you know what turned the tide on the current wave of thought? BabyGap...I was shopping on Saturday:
and I thought- I have to have a little girl! Now I know, dear reader you may say, "It's not a vending machine! How does this person know she'll get a girl next go round?" Yes, I realize the system is flawed. I wouldn't mind another boy. They are pretty cute and it'd be nice for Jack to have a brother...but LOOK AT THE CLOTHES!!! sigh.

2 comments:

  1. This is precisely why I have a shopping addiction. My daughter has way too many clothes and I can't stop buying them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I read the title of this post and thought "you've got to be kidding me!" But you're not pregnant again already... phew! I'd definitely think you're nuts if you were. And yeah, I have to say, shopping for baby girl clothes is SO MUCH FUN! I got the most adorable dress at Target today. I can't wait to take Camille out somewhere so I can dress her up and show her off. :D

    ReplyDelete

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.