Monday, October 18, 2010

Prayers

Monday October 18th, 2010 (5:30p.m.) 
I'm so upset. I went to the doctor today and I am only 1 cm dilated and Jack is still sitting at -3 station. The doctor told me I am at a very high risk for a c-section due to a possible failed induction.
I held in the tears there, but as soon as I talked to Pat on the phone I broke down into tears.
I go in tomorrow night at 8 p.m. for the cervidil and then they will induce me on Wednesday morning. If we don't have any progress by the afternoon on Wednesday I will have to get a c-section.

Please say a prayer that everything goes smoothly. Thank you for listening over these last few weeks of pregnancy. Your support means a lot to me.

9 comments:

  1. Many prayers for you, Pat, and Baby Jack are on their way. Just think, in just a few short days you will have a precious baby in your arms! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, you know our love and prayers are there for you. I'm hoping this isn't my fault and Jack is just holding off until Debi and I get to town on Tuesday......all will go well no matter what course you take. As Leigh Anne said in teh previous response, just think about how it will feel to hold Jack in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! i'm sure everything will go fine, & having a c-section is NOT the worst thing in the world. just so long as your little boy gets here safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly-
    I was so against having a C-section; however, due to not progressing and my water breaking....C-section it was!!! I was terrified, but even it being an emergency it was NOT horrible. Childbirth is not pleasant either way, but to have a healthy and happy baby is worth it. I had Isabella on the 17th of September and I feel great!! Don't let the C-section worry you. I PROMISE if you have to have a C-section it is not as bad as you think!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you for a painless and speedy delivery whichever way Jack chooses!! Shelley Carleton

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking about you and praying for ya.....you are going to love motherhood:) xo sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. we love you molly! Hoping it all goes fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will say a prayer for you and baby Jack. I did everything to avoid a c-section but after 27 hours of cervadil and then potosin (spelling?) I didn't progress. So I had to have a c section. It was painful for a few days afterwards but I have a healthy baby girl and it was worth it!! And at least with the next baby I will know exactly what to expect. Hang in there, baby Jack will be worth it no matter how he gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ended up with a c-section about being in labor for 19 hours and pushing for 2 with no progress. It was fine. I was playing kickball 5 weeks after my c-section. It's not ideal but it's NOT the end of the world. All that matters is that Jack gets here and that he is safe and healthy. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.