Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Induction Day Eve

Tuesday October 19th, 2010 (10:20 a.m.)
First off, thank you for all the positive Ju-Ju that has been sent my way. It means a lot that many of you have shared your birth stories with me through the blog, facebook and email. I woke up this morning feeling so excited. I kept thinking, "Tomorrow night I'll be a Mom!".

I have been preparing for labor and delivery since I found out I was pregnant. I've read every book I could get my hands on concerning natural childbirth and infant care. I even read my Doula's entire "Maternity-Newborn Nursing and Women' Health Care" textbook which is over 900 pages. I kept reminding myself last night that I am prepared for it all and that I can handle it. After all this preparation, anticipation and interest in childbirth the last thing I want to do is be a "Debbie Downer" and go into the experience with a negative outlook. I know that whatever the labor and delivery situation ends up being the result will be MOTHERHOOD!

I am checking into the hospital tonight. I have to call an hour before my appointment to make sure I am still on the schedule and that I didn't get pushed back. I plan on updating everyone through the blog on my status. Pat will be "guest" blogging once things get tough and in the days after delivery. We plan on doing a pictorial throughout labor (don't worry nothing too personal) to keep everyone posted on the experience.
Check back frequently for updates!

Your support has meant so much to me! I can't wait to share pictures of my experience and of BABY JACK!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog over on Top Baby Blogs. And apparently, just in time! I hope the induction goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just started following your blog not too long ago, and I've been thinking about you today. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw pics on Facebook! Congrats! I can't wait to read your birth story!

    ReplyDelete

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.