Monday, May 16, 2011

New Look

So the blog got a new look! Spring is here and I decided to clean up  the blog and make it look a little fresher. Super cute if I do say so!

In other New Look News: today starts Crash and Burn Diet Day! As previously mentioned I lost 20ish lbs in the first week after having Jack. Nadda from then on out... I can only say for one more week, "I just had a baby." I think 7 months is probably the cut off for that excuse.

Sooo. Since Pat won't let me invest in diet pills and I'm not disciplined enough to pick up an eating disorder- We are going to go the route of everything in moderation. I just am going to cut back on the junk food and beef up the protein in my diet. Plus since the weather is getting nicer I have no excuse but to get out there and run/walk.

In order to publicly embarrass myself/keep myself motivated due to fear of judgment by my dear readers. I will post my weight (gulp) and weight loss (double gulp) each week.

My goal is to be back at Wedding Day Weight (130) by Jack's 1st Birthday.

Goal: Wedding Date Weight

Here is the background story/litany of excuses for my current weight:

 1) I gained 20 lbs from my wedding day (10/08) to the day I found out I was pregnant (2/10). So, I was already at a disadvantage.

2) I gained 40 lbs during pregnancy because I had a 9 lb baby. Don't try to do the math.

3) The weather was really terrible this fall/winter/spring and so I couldn't exercise outside (my preferred method) with a newborn.

4) I was hungry.

So here it goes:
Weight on Due Date Day: 200lbs

200lbs

Weight One Week After Jack's Birth: 175lbs

One Week After: 175lbs

Current Weight 171lbs
Photobucket


Math:
  171
- 130
______
    41 lbs (ugh.oh.)

I let you know how this experiment turns out.

4 comments:

  1. BOOTCAMP, THIS THURDAY be there or be square, leslie is coming and maybe megs or michelle! so if anything else we will get in some mommy laughs!

    LETS WALK TOGETHER, on a saturday morning or a wed I would love to meet at a park and walk it out momma!
    WE CAN DO IT! I'm trying realyl hard right now too, my problem is that I am a pig and my portion size is way outta control!

    YAY hot mommas, lets cheer each other on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been lurking on your blog for a little while, and wanted to say "hi!" and best wishes on the weight loss. I'm at 5 weeks postpartum and terrified to step on the scale, you've got guts girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley- I'd love to boot camp...well lets be honest0 I really wouldn't, however I have a legitimate excuse. That is Pat's ONLY night off. So, we usually hang together. I am off everyday by 4 so we can totally walk/run (emphasis on walk) after work if you want. Francis Park?

    Ariel- Welcome to the blog! Lurking is encouraged. Are you from Saint Louis? Are you really a zookeeper? I lurked onto your profile. Congratulations on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly, you're so darn cute! Seriously. Somehow I lost sight of your blog updates...I won't let it happen again. Note, this is August & I'm just reading your May post. How goes life as a teacher???

    ReplyDelete

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.