Thursday, June 20, 2013

Optimus Prime Versus Barbie

Oh! Optimus Prime/Barbie Nuptials! I can get down with that!

So growing up in a house of all girls and coming from a mainly female dominated larger clan I had my few run-ins with boy related things from my cousins and neighborhood boys. But my overall experience was limited.
Prior Glimpses into Boy World:
Running down the street naked in cowboy boots, stealing bottles from neighbors kitchens to make concoctions, building large scale tree houses in the woods, blowing stuff up and shooting squirrels out of the yard for cash.

I knew boy world had its weird fascinations with blowing stuff up, pantsing your friends in public and pushing people into ice covered lakes but I just started to realize lately that this world is soon to become my life.

Jack recently has been quite the talker (I know, I know). His obsession with Optimus Prime, trucks, loud sirens, digging for and then making worm gardens, pretending to put me out with a fire hose (his arm) when he is reprimanded have all been an exciting NEW way to see childhood.

And I have a secret....

I AM LOVING IT! Minus the occasional non- stop mention of his private parts and pretending his private parts are things...I understand that only gets worse as they get older. Geez. We get it.

In all seriousness I was relieved when I found out I was having a boy the first time and the second time...OVERJOYED. I wasn't ever really into Barbie dolls, unless I could use the elevator in Barbie's town house or crash Malibu Barbie's windshield on her metallic pink Corvette. I loved catching frogs and making turtle habitats (not to be mixed together I sadly found out), playing sports and being outside riding bikes or pulling my sister down a hill by a rope whilst on her roller skates.

What's this post about? Just had a great day with my boy getting messy and having fun...oh and everyone knows boys are SUPER cuddly to their moms. Bonus.

Here are some photos of recent boy adventures we've been on:
Cousin Sleepovers mean sticking your tongue out for fun

Hop ons at TG Market

Cowboy Diaper Covers? Yes Please!

Inspecting our worm garden...inside

Oh just a boy and his Fred Bird Stuffed Animal (red dot in the air)

The newest boy in my life....Kiki (of Kiki and the Bandit Fame) was in town!

Making advances to steal his toys then pants him I'm sure

boys with cats...hmmm

Lots of cuddling over here

Sometimes I talk too much for my boys...hence this blog. I need an outlet!

Cousin Movie Night feature film Veggie Tales

Boys in tents

This is a highly thought out building designed by Jack

Train hats and orange fizz

Shaving Cream debacle

MOBOT Children's Garden Splash Pad

Lumber is great for building skyscrapers...

Checking out the fish whilst lounging on a rock

The Jack Show...Obvi




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun when you leave a message! It makes me feel neat.